- You can create a personalized emoji in the Bitmoji app on an iPhone by taking a selfie and then customizing the resulting avatar.
- You can edit an existing Bitmoji using the "Avatar" button at the bottom of the app.
- If you want to delete your Bitmoji and start over, you can reset your avatar in the Bitmoji app's Settings page.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
Using the Bitmoji app, you can create personalized emojis that look like a cartoon version of yourself. It's easy to make a Bitmoji; you start with a selfie, and then customize it as if you were making an avatar in a computer game.
How to create Bitmoji on an iPhone
1. To get started making your own Bitmoji, install the Bitmoji app from the App Store. The app is free (though you might encounter in-app purchases for certain features).
2. After you create an account, you'll need to choose whether you're creating a male or female emoji – tap one of the images to continue.
3. You'll see a pop-up that suggests starting with a selfie. Tap "Continue." No one will ever see this photo – it's only used by the app to create your Bitmoji.
4. Frame yourself and take a selfie.
5. Now it's time to customize your image. Bitmoji creates a basic headshot of you, which you can customize by varying the skin tone, hair color, eyes, and more. Make a selection (you can scroll down for many more options) and then, when you're done, tap the right arrow at the top of the Options window.
6. Work your way through all the customization features. You can always use the left arrow to go back to a previous page and make additional changes. There are 19 pages in all, including wardrobe choices.
7. When you're done, tap "Save" at the top of the page.
You can now insert your Bitmoji in text messages and emails. You might want to enable Bitmoji on your phone's keyboard so you can send Bitmojis without having to copy and paste them from the app.
How to edit your Bitmoji on an iPhone
After you create your Bitmoji, you can edit it at any time. Just start the Bitmoji app and tap "Avatar" at the bottom of the screen. You'll see the same screen that you used to create your Bitmoji. Make any changes you want to the avatar and your wardrobe.
Note that after you dress your avatar in clothing, you can find past wardrobe choices in "My Closet," the last icon at the far right on the bottom of the screen.
When you're done, tap "Save" to keep these changes.
How to delete a Bitmoji and start over on an iPhone
Sometimes it's easier to start over from scratch rather than continuing to edit an existing avatar. To do that:
1. Open the Bitmoji app and tap the Settings icon (shaped like a gear) at the top right corner of the screen.
2. Tap "My Data."
3. On the My Data page, tap "Reset Avatar" and then tap "OK" to confirm you want to do this. Afterwards, you'll start back at the beginning of the process, where you can choose a male or female avatar and take a new selfie.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
How to add Bitmoji to your iPhone keyboard and send personalized emoji stickers that look like you
How to add Bitmoji to your Android keyboard and use the personalized emoji library in texts and other apps
How to edit your Memoji character in iOS 13 on an iPhone
How to add emojis to your text in Slack, or add a custom emoji for your entire workspace to use
How to send a Memoji on WhatsApp on your iPhone with iOS 13
Insider Inc. receives a commission when you buy through our links.
Source: Read Full Article