THE latest major update to the iPhone operating system is finally here, bringing a host of handy new features to Apple mobiles worldwide.
One useful addition on the way following Monday's release of iOS 15 is the ability to share your screen with participants on a FaceTime call.
What is SharePlay?
SharePlay was announced by Apple at its WWDC 2021 event in June.
The feature was tipped to come out with the release of iOS 15 on September 20 but has been pushed back to later in the year.
There are three key things you can do with SharePlay: Listen together, Watch together, and Share your screen.
You could use it to host a movie watch party with friends and family, for instance, or to show off your favourite new app to a pal.
You might also use it to choose browse through a photo album or anything else that's enhanced by group discussion.
- Read all the latest Phones & Gadgets news
- Keep up-to-date on Apple stories
- Get the latest on Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram
The new feature, called SharePlay, is coming later in the fall, according to Apple. That means we can expect it to drop before December.
When it arrives, it will be compatible with third-party apps like TikTok, giving you a range of stuff you can watch together with your buddies.
How to screen share on FaceTime
When SharePlay launches (there's no official release date yet), users can switch on SharePlay using the following steps:
- Launch FaceTime on your iPhone or iPad
- Tap "New FaceTime" and add contacts you wish to share with
- When you're on the call, tap "SharePlay" in the top right of your screen
- Tap "Share My Screen" in the dropdown
- After a delay of a few seconds, screen sharing will initialise
What is iOS 15 and how do I get it?
Released worldwide on September 20, 2021, iOS 15 is the latest and greatest version o the iPhone operating system.
The update introduced a redesigned home screen and some big changes to Apple's messaging app, iMessage.
It also includes an updated Lock Screen and a suite of new privacy and notification features.
The headline addition, however, is Focus. The tool lets users set different notification preferences depending on what they're doing.
You can use the new menu to select if you’re driving, working, sleeping or a custom status of your choosing.
You have the option to select if your phone makes a sound or not, or whether it vibrates, depending on your current status.
Focus will even notify your iMessage contacts of your status to let them know why you're not responding to their texts.
To download iOS 15, head to Settings > General > Software update.
Best Phone and Gadget tips and hacks
Looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find those secret features within social media apps? We have you covered…
- How to get your deleted Instagram photos back
- How to track someone on Google Maps
- How can I increase my Snapchat score?
- How can I change my Facebook password?
- How can I do a duet on TikTok?
- Here's how to see if your Gmail has been hacked
- How can I change my Amazon Alexa voice in seconds?
- What is dating app Bumble?
- How can I test my broadband internet speed?
- Here's how to find your Sky TV remote in SECONDS
In other news, check out the new Lamborghini Huracan Evo that can clean your house and cook you dinner.
Check out the wildly impressive Panasonic 65HZ1000 TV, which makes most tellies look rubbish.
Read our complete guide to Call of Duty 2021.
And Dell's Alienware R10 Ryzen Edition is a gaming PC powerhouse that crushes both the new consoles.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at email@example.com
Source: Read Full Article