IT'S been more than 15 years since the original iPhone came out – but do you remember every single model?
We've rounded up the full list of Apple smartphones over the years.
When did the first iPhone come out?
Apple announced the first iPhone on January 9, 2007.
It followed a significant period of rumour, speculation and plenty of doubt that it would be any good.
Ultimately, it was good – so much so that it changed the course of gadget history forever when it released in the US on June 29, 2007.
Read more on iPhone
Five minor iPhone mistakes that could get you in BIG trouble
I’m an ex Apple genius – there’s an iPhone hack that’ll change your life
The first iPhone took about two years to fully develop, and lacked many of today's popular Apple features – including an App Store.
But the iPhone evolved over many years, and is now a product powerhouse that's recognisable all around the world.
What is the latest iPhone?
The latest flagship Apple smartphone is the iPhone 13.
Most read in News Tech
I'm an ex Apple genius – there's an iPhone hack that'll change your life
New Windows update will force you to WIPE entire PC for 'security reasons'
Huge WhatsApp update is about to change your chats forever with NEW type of text
My iPhone saved my life – everyone needs to learn the '5 click' trick today
It was unveiled on September 14, and released in stores on September 24.
There are four variants: iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max.
Two special green versions of the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro were also released pin early 2022.
And a third-generation iPhone SE (a cheaper alternative to the iPhone 13) went on sale on March 18, 2022.
Later this year, we're expecting the iPhone 14, which is likely to come in four different versions.
Every iPhone in release order
Here's the full list of iPhone models in release order:
- iPhone – June 29, 2007
- iPhone 3G – July 11, 2008
- iPhone 3GS – June 19, 2009
- iPhone 4 – June 24, 2010
- iPhone 4S – October 14, 2011
- iPhone 5 – September 21, 2012
- iPhone 5C – September 20, 2013
- iPhone 5S – September 20, 2013
- iPhone 6 / 6 Plus – September 19, 2014
- iPhone 6S / 6S Plus – September 25, 2015
- iPhone SE – March 31, 2016
- iPhone 7 / 7 Plus – September 16, 2016
- iPhone 8 / 8 Plus – September 22, 2017
- iPhone X – November 3, 2017
- iPhone XS / XS Max – September 21, 2018
- iPhone XR – October 26, 2018
- iPhone 11 – September 20, 2019
- iPhone 11 Pro / 11 Pro Max – September 20, 2019
- iPhone SE (2nd gen) – April 24, 2020
- iPhone 12 / 12 Pro – October 23, 2020
- iPhone 12 mini / 12 Pro Max – November 13, 2020
- iPhone 13 / 13 mini – September 24, 2021
- iPhone 13 Pro / 13 Pro Max – September 24, 2021
- iPhone SE (3rd gen) – March 18, 2022
Read More on The Sun
Newlywed dad dead and bride fighting for life weeks after they tied the knot
Simon Thomas says wife Derrina ‘struggles with guilt’ over 1st wife’s death
Most of these iPhone models will have shipped with different colour and storage variants.
And release dates are true for the USA, but may have varied around the world.
- Read all the latest Phones & Gadgets news
- Keep up-to-date on Apple stories
- Get the latest on Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram
Best Phone and Gadget tips and hacks
Looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find those secret features within social media apps? We have you covered…
- How to get your deleted Instagram photos back
- How to track someone on Google Maps
- How can I increase my Snapchat score?
- How can I change my Facebook password?
- How can I do a duet on TikTok?
- Here's how to see if your Gmail has been hacked
- How can I change my Amazon Alexa voice in seconds?
- What is dating app Bumble?
- How can I test my broadband internet speed?
- Here's how to find your Sky TV remote in SECONDS
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Read Full Article