Elon Musk says Twitter deal 'cannot move forward' due to number of fake accounts on the platform

ELON Musk has cast further doubt on his $44billion deal to buy Twitter due to questions over how many of its users are spambots.

In a tweet on Tuesday, the billionaire said the deal "cannot move forward" until CEO Parag Agrawal provides evidence that fewer than five per cent of accounts are fake.

Musk, 50, wants more information about the real number of phoney accounts on the platform before snapping it up.

It follows Musk's revelation last week that his purchase of Twitter is "temporarily on hold" as a result of the same issue.

He later clarified that he is "still committed to acquisition".

Further signs that the world's richest man is feeling buyer's remorse came in the form of his Tuesday tweet.

"Yesterday, Twitter’s CEO publicly refused to show proof of <5%," Musk tweeted.

"This deal cannot move forward until he does."

More to follow…

Most read in Tech

LISTEN UP

Posh Apple AirPods get HUGE £180 price cut in ultra-rare deal

PUTIN THE WRONG PLACE

Russia 'screws up' space launch – craft will CRASH back to Earth

QUICK FLIX

Shock Netflix update revealed as app prepares to BAN account sharing forever

RED AHEAD

Stunning photos of eerie red Blood Moon after rare total lunar eclipse


We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at tech@the-sun.co.uk

    Source: Read Full Article